Breakfast Recipe: Ragi / Finger Millet Roti
Duration: 30 minutes
Ragi flour is an amazing replacement for rice flour, it has vitamins and minerals such as high in fiber, calcium, protein, potassium and works out for well to anti aging. I like this flour very much you can make dosa’s, roti’s, Ragi porridge, fritters and also butter milk 🥛 so I would like to introduce my new recipe with Ragi flour. It’s easy to make and tasty as well we call it as ‘ Ragi roti’. Many more finger millet recipes are coming soon 🤩
Health benefits of Finger Millet flour:
- Finger millet is an excellent source of natural calcium which helps in strengthening bones for growing children and aging people. Regular consumption of finger millet is good for bone health and keeps diseases such as osteoporosis at bay and could reduce risk of fracture.
- Finger millet’s phytochemicals help in slowing digestion process. This helps in controlling blood sugar level in condition of diabetes. It has been found that finger millet based diet helps diabetics as it contains higher fibre than rice and wheat. Also, the study found that diet based on whole finger millet has lower glycemic response i.e. lower ability to increase blood sugar level. This is due to presence of factors in finger millet flour which lower digestibility and absorption of starch.
- Because of its high nutritional content ragi flour is recommended as a weaning food especially in the southern parts of India.
- Finger millet is a very good source of natural Iron and its consumption helps in recovery of Anemia. The Ragi based foods are highly suited for expectant mothers and elderly due to there high calcium and iron content.
- Finger millet consumption helps in relaxing body naturally. It is beneficial in conditions of anxiety, depression and insomnia. It is also useful for migraines.
Let’s start with Ingredients and follows Procedure
Ingredients: 1 cup = 160 grams
- Finger Millet/ Ragi Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- White sesame seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ajwain / carom seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Green chillies – 2 – finely chopped
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion – 1 small – finely chopped
- Carrot 🥕 – 1/2 cup – grated
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves – 8 leaves – chopped
- Coconut oil – 2 Tb sp ( to cook roti’s, you can replace it with regular cooking oil )
- Add in all ingredients in a deep mixing bowl
- Mix well and make dough by adding water, it’s takes around 60-80 ml
- Divide the dough into four equal parts and make balls
- Let them rest for 5 minutes and then make roti’s
- Take a butter paper or parchment paper apply oil, place a dough ball make roti by tapping with fingers by dipping (fingers) in water
- Heat iron tava, apply oil place roti along with parchment paper then remove it after 30 secs so that paper comes out clean
- Cook both sides by applying oil, till light brown color
- Repeat the process till it’s done and make the other roti’s as well
- Happy Cooking and Have a lovely weekend 😃
Step by step process shown below with pictures:
Share your comments in below section, I like to know your opinion
© 2017- 2019 Ramyarecipes