I fell in love with this wonderful fruit from last few months 😍 People who like tangy, sour taste will definitely like kiwi 🥝 fruit. It is a mixed combination of taste sometimes sweet & tangy or might be sour.
My suggestion is to include kiwi fruit 🥝 in your daily diet because it’s provides many healthy benefits.
Health Benefits of Kiwi :
- A kiwifruit has almost twice as much vitamin C than 2 oranges 🍊 of equal weight. Although vitamin C helps with many health deficiencies and problems.
- The amount of fiber in a kiwi is almost as much as in 3 celery sticks. Fiber is extremely important for so many reasons but is key for the digestive system to function properly.
- As much vitamin E as in 3 apples 🍎 The major benefits of vitamin E are for building strong immunity, healthy looking skin and eye health. Many people take vitamin E supplements for antioxidants, which protect cells from damage.
- A kiwifruit has almost as much potassium as a large mango.
- A kiwifruit has the same amount of folate as found in 4 peaches. Folate is the most important nutrient for producing and maintaining new cells. This makes it especially important during pregnancy and for babies. It’s important for adults as well because it’s necessary for normal blood cell production as well.
Today, I prepared kiwi jam which turned out so creamy, glazy and tasty too.
Let’s start with ingredients and follows Procedure
Jam recipe: Kiwi fruit 🥝
Quantity yields : 400 gms (at the end of processing jam)
Duration: 20 mins
- Kiwi Fruit – Fresh – 7 – 600 gms – peeled off & chopped
- Granulated Sugar – 420 gms
- Honey – 1 tb sp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tb sp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Add chopped kiwi in juicer & make smooth puree
- Heat a heavy bottom non stick pan over medium heat
- Add sugar & kiwi 🥝 puree, mix well
- Stir continuously till sugar dissolves
- Next add honey, lemon juice & vanilla essence . Mix well
- Stir occasionally
- Cook upto 20 mins on low to medium heat
- Stir in between and the color of puree slowly changes to dark green color
- Turn off the heat when the consistency thickens
- Let it become cool completely at least for an hour
- Store in an airtight container, to remain fresh and store in refrigerator ( don’t freeze)
- Enjoy this fresh jam on any bread, milk bread, wheat bread or oat bread 🙂
- I hope you could try and surprise your kids with this homemade jam..☺️
- Happy Cooking 👩🏻🍳 & Enjoy your day ☀️
Step by step process shown below with pictures:
- Can Preserve upto two months in refrigerator
- If you don’t like kiwi fruit you can replace it with any fruit and make sure to reduce sugar according to it.
- Make sure juicer / pan / spatula/ container you’re going to use must be dry
Share your comments in below section, I like to know your feedback
© 2017- 2018 Ramyarecipes