Easy Sweet Recipe: India 🇮🇳
Servings : 15
Duration : 45 mins
Laddu is very famous sweet in India 🇮🇳
In most of the occasions, festivals and in temples they serve Laddu as dessert. In south India Laddu is a special dish and it’s must on wedding ceremony.
On Ganesh Chaturthi, I like to prepare laddu because it’s favorite to Lord Ganesha.
Laddu can be made with Bengal gram powder/ Besan powder with sugar powder/ sugar syrup and cardamom powder to enhance the taste.
Finally it will be garnished with cashew nuts/pistachio/badam/ Almonds pieces and raisins depends on the cuisine. The process varies from recipe to recipe in making of Laddu.
There are various types of Laddu available in India.
Today, I prepared simple and delicious Besan Laddu 😋
Let’s start with Ingredients and follows Procedure
Besan / Bengal gram flour – 1 bowl
Ghee – melted – half bowl
Sugar – 235 gms – 1 cup
Cashew nuts – chopped – 1/2 cup
- Blend sugar and make smooth powder. Keep it aside
- Heat frying pan on low to medium heat
- Add chopped cashew nuts
- Fry till golden brown and take out in a cup
- Add Besan/ Bengal Gram flour in hot ghee
- Mix it well with spatula
- It’s becomes like lump and smoothy
- Saute continuously for 30 mins till the color changes and aroma comes out
- When it becomes non-sticky to pan
- Turn off burner/ cooktop
- Let it become cool for 20 mins
- Add powdered sugar
- Mix it well with hands and make dough
- Make small balls
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts
- Easy sweet recipe Besan Laddu is ready
- Hope all of you get blessings from Lord Ganesha. Have a Happy Ganesh Chaturthi 😀